new layout

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not Meant to Be

Don't you hate it when things just don't work out the way you want or intend them to?  Do you find this happens in almost every area of your life?  Because I sure do!  And the worst part is, it can be about absolutely anything and everything, so darn frustrating.  I think we are designed that we THINK our ways are right, and everyone else is wrong and darn gone it, I want it my way or it's the highway!!  *Is this only me, I sure hope not!?  In this case, it's about an "attempted" purchase.  I know when purchasing an item, I want it to work and work well, you know "to get my moneys worth" and if it doesn't, there are only so many times I'm going to return it before saying the hell with it!  I'm done!  I'll be honest, I'm getting there with this situation I'm about to tell you about.

So I've been wanting a few of those drink dispenser things.  I follow a lot, and I mean a lot of party blogs that use them.  They are so neat and fancy.  Now I'm sure these people use way more expensive ones than what my pennies can afford, but that's besides the point.  I found a set of 2 online at boscovs.com.  2 for 30, I believe that is what my price was.  They looked like this.

So I was beyond excited about these.  The nightmare I am about to tell you all started in July or August when we started planning my dad's party.  I had the idea of floating some fishing bobbers in the iced tea.  So, once I purchased them online the website said 7-10 days I would have them here, in my hands, ready to use!  Ahh!  Well on the 8th or 9th day I had remembered that they were supposed to be delivered.  So I get online to retrieve the shipping information and tracking number.  The Fed Ex website said it was delivered to my door (yesterday) morning at 9:50am!  I say out loud, oh no!  Oh my God, oh no!  So Jesse says to me oh no what!?  I then tell him what happened and immediately he gets on the phone with Fed Ex.  Well they were really of no help, whatsoever!  Apparently, there is a home delivery department that you have to go through.  So the next day I give these knuckleheads a call.  They ask a zillion questions and we conclude after about 5 or 7 convos that the package was stolen.  After about a month, to a month and a half of fighting and calling and becoming frustrated and annoyed with Fed Ex and the company, the amount was FINALLY refunded back to me!  Whew...somewhere along the way Fed Ex refunded the company and the company refunded me.  I'm not so sure if it truly was stolen, because why would Fed Ex refund?  Strange, I think....so that will forever be a mystery!

Fast forwarded to this past Sunday.  I was finally ready to face up to the challenge of finding these darn things.  A few weeks ago I had went onto Bed Bath and Beyond's website and saw these for 20 bucks a piece.  Fancy smancy, huh!?
Well as everyone knows you can use mulitple coupons for bbb.  I had 2 $5.00 off coupons so I could get these for $15 a piece! Whoo hoo, same price as last ones and they look so much better with the stand and all!  Get them home, all cleaned out and ready to go.  Then it dawned on me, you know Ash, you should make sure they don't leak.  Make sure the dispenser works and all.  So I fill one up and twist the little dispenser.  It didn't leak, oh no, the dispenser turned on and off just fine, however the liquid trickled out!  Like you would have thought I added some thick syrup in this thing!  So I'm beyond annoyed at this point!  I box them up and Jesse brought them back for me the very next day which was yesterday.  Fail yet again!  Uggh!

Well my story isn't quite finished yet.  Today my buddy Monica and I did some shopping.  We stopped at Marshalls, she wanted to find some jeans and I wanted to browse the shoes!  Well my dear friend knows about this nightmare with these darn things and understands how much I really would like some.  We were passing through the home department and what do you think I find?!  Hmmm....?  The dispensers, and not only did they have 2 but they had 3, which is eventually how many I would like to have total.  So we look at each other, she grabs the box and sees the price and guess what, they were $15 a piece!!  Yahhh hooo!  Monica tells me, you must get them, Ash!!  I say to her, how perfect is this!?  So I purchase them, all three of them!  Get them home, and I only clean one (I learned) we fill it and turn the dispenser and the dispenser snapped off!  Like broke, broken off!  I say, son of a (you know what)....I was so angry and the anger came over me!  I was so, so, so, mad!  Well, in the mist of all of this anger I was able to turn the broken dispenser to see if the darn thing would flow the water out, cuz who cares about the broken handle, that's not the issue at this point!  Needless to say it didn't work, it just trickled, trickled like the last one!  What a surprise!  So I grabbed the super glue, fixed it, if you wanna call it that, and am returning these pieces of junk back....broken and all!  I don't really care anymore!  Here is a picture of one of these pathetic items. I really
don't know what to think?  Do these people honestly make this stuff?  They have to know good and well that no one in their right mind would stand at a dispenser and wait for like an hour to fill a cup.  I've concluded, it's just not meant to be.  :(  The bobbers will not be floating in the (murky water) iced tea.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment