new layout

Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1st

Is it seriously October 1st?  Does that really mean we are only 2 short months from my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving!?  Yahooo!!  This also makes me quite nervous though, because that means we are only 3 short months away from Christmas, the money spending holiday!  HA  I am only joking, sort of.  :) 

October is my favorite month out of the year.  It's the month when we start to get some lovely cooler weather, people start decorating their homes with fall decor, and the aroma of homemade pumpkin pie (or candles) are so very evident!  It also is my birthday month, which anyone who knows me, knows my birthday is a week long affair!  The next 2 weeks are going to be quite busy for me though.  My dad's 50th birthday is in November and we are throwing him a SURPRISE party on the 16th of this month, this is our attempt to really, really, really surprise him!.  Here is a picture of the invitation.  I had googled fishing invitation and saw one very similar to this and thought it was perfect.  With the help of Microsoft Publisher I give you this:

Cute Huh??  I love the part at the bottom that says, If you like to be "hooked" please RSVP...how fabulous is that!?  You know it's all about the little things and little details!  I'll show you one more thing that I am working on, for the rest of the details, you will just have to come back after the party!  ;-)

So I'm a huge fan of wrapping individual forks and I'll tell you why.  When forks are placed in a basket or a bowl, if the pokey part of the fork is facing up, do you have any idea how many people could be touching the tip of of your fork before you even get to grab it!?  Oh the horror!  HA!  When I throw a party I always wrap them.  Below is what I did for this party.

Black Napkins, printer paper cut to size, glue gun, and the little decorative tags also made with publisher
Place fork on desired napkin
Roll napkin and wrap with cut paper.  Add a dot of glue

Add another dot of glue on top of cut paper and glue on tag

Viola...Adorable, right!?  Each one says Michael's 50th Birthday Party and the bottom lists the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment